Wednesday, January 23, 2008

How Wonderful Life is now you're in the world & Let's go get the shit kicked out of us by love

Love Actually (2003)
Prime Minister: Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspision love actually is all around.

Jamie: I'm so late.
Jamie's Girlfriend: It's just 'round the corner, you'll make it.
Jamie: Are you sure you don't mind me going without you?
Jamie's Girlfriend: No, really, I'm just feeling so rotten.
Jamie: I love you.
Jamie's Girlfriend: I know.
Jamie: I love you even when you're sick and look disgusting.
Jamie's Girlfriend: I know. Now go or you will actually miss it.
Jamie: Right. Did I mention that I love you?
Jamie's Girlfriend: Yes you did. Get out, loser!

Aurelia: [in Portguese] I will miss you. And your very slow typing... and your very bad driving.

Sam: But you know the thing about romance is people only get together right at the very end.

Daniel: Tell her that you love her.
Sam: No way. Anyway, they fly tonight.
Daniel: Even better! Sam, you've got nothin' to lose, and you'll always regret it if you don't.

Karen: True love lasts a lifetime.

Mark: With any luck, by next year - I'll be going out with one of these girls.
[shows pictures of beautiful supermodels]
Mark: But for now, let me say - Without hope or agenda - Just because it's Christmas - And at Christmas you tell the truth - To me, you are perfect - And my wasted heart will love you - Until you look like this
[picture of a mummy]
Mark: Merry Christmas

Jamie: Beautiful Aurelia, I've come here with a view of asking you to marriage me. I know I seems an insane person - because I hardly knows you - but sometimes things are so transparency, they don't need evidential proof. And I will inhabit here, or you can inhabit with me in England.
Sophia Barros: Definitely go for England, girl. You'll meet Prince William - then you can marry him instead.

Daniel: So what's the problem, Sammy-o? Is it just Mum or is it something else? Maybe... school - are you being bullied? Or is it something worse? Can you give me any clues at all?
Sam: You really want to know?
Daniel: I really want to know.
Sam: Even though you won't be able to do anything to help?
Daniel: Even if that's the case, yeah.
Sam: Okay. Well, the truth is... actually... I'm in love.
Daniel: Sorry?
Sam: I know I should be thinking about Mum all the time, and I am. But the truth is I'm in love and I was before she died, and there's nothing I can do about it.
Daniel: [laughs] Aren't you a bit young to be in love?
Sam: No.
Daniel: Oh, well, okay, right. Well, I mean, I'm a little relieved.
Sam: Why?
Daniel: Well, because I thought it would be something worse.
Sam: [incredulous] Worse than the total agony of being in love?
Daniel: Oh. No, you're right. Yeah, total agony.

Karen: Would you wait around to find out if it's just a necklace, or if it's sex and a necklace, or if worst of all it's a necklace and love? Would you stay, knowing life would always be a little bit worse? Or would you cut and run?
Harry: Oh, God. I am so in the wrong. The classic fool.

[Karl has given Sarah a lift home after the Christmas party. They are standing on her doorstep]
Karl: Well, I-I'd better go.
Sarah: Okay.
Karl: Goodnight.
Sarah: Goodnight.
[he gives her a quick peck on the cheek, then they begin to kiss passionately]
Karl: Actually, I don't *have* to go.
Sarah: Right. Good.
Karl: I mean...
Sarah: No-no that's good. Just, um, would you excuse me for one second? Just...
Karl: Sure.
[she moves round the corner, out of sight of Karl, dances a little jig for joy, then returns]
Sarah: Um, okay, that's done. Um, why don't you come upstairs in about ten seconds.

Jamie: [in English] It's my favorite time of day, driving you.
Aurelia: [in Portuguese] It's the saddest part of my day, leaving you.

Sam: Let's go get the shit kicked out of us by love.

Karen: Get a grip, people hate sissies. No-one's ever gonna shag you if you cry all the time.

Daniel: You've seen the films, kiddo. It ain't over 'til it's over.


Moulin Rouge! (2001)
Toulouse-Lautrec: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Christian: I owe you nothing. And you are nothing to me. Thank you for curing me of my ridiculous obsession with love.

Christian: [voiceover and typing] Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months. And then, one not-so-very special day, I went to my typewriter, I sat down, and I wrote our story. A story about a time, a story about a place, a story about the people. But above all things, a story about love. A love that will live forever.

Christian: Can't fall in love? But a life without love, that's terrible.

Christian: It's a little bit funny.
Satine: What?
Christian: This feeling inside. I'm not one of those who can easily hide. Is this ok? Is this what you want?
Satine: Ah, poetry. Yes, this it what I want naughty words.
Christian: I don't have much money but boy if I did, I'd buy a big house where we both could live. If I were a sculptor, but then again, no. Or a man who makes potions a traveling show. I know it's not much...
Satine: Oh Naughty, don't stop, don't stop.
Christian: But it's the best I can do.
[sings]
Christian: My gift is my song. And this one's for you. And You Can Tell Everybody That this is your song. It may be quite simple but now that it's done. I hope u don't mind I hope You don't mind That I put down in words... How Wonderful Life is now you're in the world

Argentinean: Never fall in love with a woman who sells herself. It always ends bad.

Zidler: Send Christian away.
Satine: He will fight for me.
Zidler: Unless he believes that you don't love him.
Satine: What?
Zidler: You're a great actress, Satine. Make him believe that you don't love him.
Satine: No!
Zidler: Hurt him, Satine. Hurt him to save him. There is no other way. The show mustgo on. We are creatures of the underworld. We can't afford to love.

Satine: I can't believe it. I'm in love. I'm in love with a young, handsome, talented duke.
Christian: Duke?
Satine: Not that the title's important, of course.
Christian: I'm not a duke.
Satine: Not a duke?
Christian: I'm a writer.
Satine: A writer?

Christian: Then I'll write a song and we'll put it in the show and whenever you sing it or hear it. Or whistle or hum it then you'll know. It'll mean that we love one another.

Satine: [singing] Never knew I could feel like this. Like I've never seen the sky before. Want to vanish inside your kiss, every day I'm loving you more and more. Listen to my heart, can you hear it sing? Come back to me- and forgive everything.
Satine: Seasons may change, winter to spring... I love you 'til the end of time.

Satine: [crying] I couldn't, I saw you there and I couldn't, I don't want to pretend anymore, I don't want to lie. I don't want to... but the duke he saw, he saw
Christian: That's alright, you don't have to pretend anymore. We'll leave, we'll leave tonight
Satine: Leave...? But the show!
Christian: I don't care about the show. We have each other. That's all that matters

Christian: [singing] Why does my heart cry? Feelings I can't fight... you're free to leave me, but just don't deceive me, and please believe me when I say I love you!

Christian: [singing] His eyes upon your face. His hand upon your hand. His lips caress your skin. It's more than I can stand!

I'd like to take today to talk about passion, devoted connection, chemistry, romance and love. I woke up with it on my mind this morning with no one specifically on my mind. Just the feeling and it stayed with me till now. I've been studying love my whole life, I'll have my doctorate by 30 I guarentee it. In my journey love has been so cut and dry, like this is how I feel and think about it. It's not one with out the other, even as it exists in me in the actual moment of realization. I still don't want to have sex or even hook up with someone unless I know I'm in love with them. Hopefully I can recognize if their in love with me. But that love in you alone is like being drunk with desire sometimes. Sometimes, I have complete self-control cause there's a duality in that as well, ya know? And the balence of the two, knowing your in love and feeling your in love, to me is probably where I'm the most centered. However thinking I'm in love like what's been going for months now but not really feeling I'm in love, totally F'en unhealthy. It's goin away though, been in this situation of thinking I am but not feeling I am many times. Time will heal this, except of coarse if I see her. I can only know in that moment if my moves till now have been in vain or not. If the metal plate in my chest has actually covered the weakest entry point to my soul. Anyways on the other hand if I feel like I'm in love but don't think I'm in love, I know that's straight up desire and lust. My brain functions much more than my intuition on this matter. Which gives me the availibility to tease whoever I feel this for until I know. The balence of the two is what I've sought and will always seek I believe. Which is how I know within the first interaction if there's a future for us our not. Chemistry.

I've done a whole lot of writing in my life, a whole lot, and I got a whole lot more to do. So when it comes to writing descriptively about what I'd like to do to someone I'm interested in trust me it'll get you wet! It always does, that's experience talken btw. But the most interesting thing about that is I aim to satisfy and please, the longer I can hold out cumming the better it's gonna feel for me in the end, with that said my words aren't fiction. Whatever I write, if you knew me like that, you'd realize I'm the real fucken deal, and there wasn't and never will be any exaggeration when it comes to that department. If you want to be forced into it or raped essentially, I ain't the guy for you. I take my time and try to find every single orgasmic zone on your body, delicately, sensitively, with care and composure savoring as much of your existence as possible. You can't deny the difference between having sex with someone to scratch an itch and making love to someone who understands the meaning of it. I do. I don't know a lot about a variety of things, but I know this and I refuse anything less than it. There is no competition for what I am availible to give. But there is plenty of competition for what people are capable of taking.

Love actually puts chemistry down so elliquently. I know a moment ago I was speaking of the act or the thing that most people think is simple, really no thought needed. But trust me when you see the whole picture, when it's not just a want of attention, or sex, or affection. It turns into a need for that individual person and the emotional availibility of them. The way that people communicate their vulnerabilities has this inviting innocense that isn't weathered by time or experience. The communication of it is definitely weathered a bit but if you notice the specific details such as body language, tone of voice, and facial expressions you see it's still so much similiar to when you were young and everything you can sense and feel with that person is so fresh and so new. This person isn't just a piece of meat that your body yearns to touch but it's something magical and indescribable. Something that you feel and keep feeling all to yourself until it completely fills you up and you need to share it. I react to vulnerability with sympathy, caring, and compassion. I know now as I've always known that that is one of the most beautiful things you can be around to share. A thing that wouldn't be found in anything else(besides kick ass movies of coarse). That thing is worth cherishing, cause it ain't gonna come along to often. So when you have it or better yet it's giving itself to you, cradle it. Take care of it. If it's well taken care of it'll be more availible and it'll grow inside of you.

In the closing words of Love Actually, is so true. If I thought I were dying or would die tommarrow I'd call everyone I ever loved and just try to communicate that I loved them. That my little time on this planet they seriously meant the world to me. Why do I gotta wait till I'm dieing? Good question blog writer.... ponder that why don't cha. It's worth pondering but probably really hard to say without the premise of "I was watching "Love Actually" and I was thinking that if I hadn't said it, I wanted to tell you that I loved you the deepest I've ever loved and I just wanted to tell you" (the blog writer quickly hangs up the phone without letting them even reply for fear of what would be said). I think I've done this before. Where everything that has happened drifts away and the only important thing is telling your love, that you love them.

In moulin rouge, you think it's going to go that way, ya know, where christian's charachter is going to get pushed over the edge with infidelity. But it doesn't, why? Because she loves him. Because she couldn't bear to hurt him that deep. It's not so deep when you say the words, there just words. Words can't control you. Well they might be able to control you or make you reactive or something, but actions, actions are an undeniable knife that'll stay stuck where ever it's stabbed u. I seriously wonder if Saline went through the act of infidelity, if christian would hold onto that "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return". But that was true love, who could do that to their true love? Not I. True love is one of those things that when you got it and you believe in it, it carries you. Seriously, jealousy, isn't true love. It's not cause in true love there is a bond of trust. That bond should be unbreakable. For true love that is, other forms or premises of love don't really apply to this blog writer. With that said cherish your love, make them a fixture of those most beautiful thing that you could be apart of, without pride lay down all your vulnerability and emotional availibity cause if you can do that the rewards are unimagineable.

1 comment:

Robin said...

You just freaking blew my mind (and I now have to change my clothes due to that whole talk about sex...)!